The Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS) was established as an autonomous research centre in 1980. The Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India) recognized it as a national institute in the year 1986 and included the centre in its network of institutions. Conducting inter disciplinary research in analytical and applied areas of social sciences, encompassing socio-economic and other aspects of development, constitute the predominant activities of the centre. Its sphere of research activity has expanded beyond the state of Telangana covering other areas of the country as well. Read More
Events / Notifications
Prof. C Ramachandraiah, CESS will give the first Open Seminar.
Special Lecture by Prof. Sanjaya Baru, Distinguished Fellow Institute for Defence Studies & Analysis.
Recent Completed Studies
- Mission Bhagiratha Baseline Survey 2017 Final Report December 10, 2017
- Human Development in Telangana State District Profile April 1, 2017
- Human Development Report 2017 Telangana State April 1, 2017
- Human Development Report AP Volume-I Public Policies, Volume-II Regional Patterns December 1, 2016
- Commission on Inclusive and Sustainable Agricultural Development of Andhra Pradesh August 1, 2016