Research Cell for Studies in Education Policy, Planning and Governance (RSEPPG)
Research Cell for Studies in Education Policy, Planning and Governance (RSEPPG) in Telangana State at the Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS) is set up in July 2020 with the support of Telangana State Council for Higher Education (TSCHE). The predominant objective of the Research Cell on Education(RSEPPG) is to comprehensively study the gamut of issues and challenges in the education system/sector at all levels in a holistic perspective while focusing on higher education in the state and in the country. Research studies are to be thematically organized around five dimensions or foundational pillars of education system: Access, Quality, Equity, Affordability and Accountability. The impact of state policy, funding, regulatory framework, educational standards and governance on achieving these five dimensions of education system would be the focus of research studies. The Research Cell while providing policy inputs and support derived from evidence-based policy-oriented research output, assists the TSCHE and thereby the Telangana State Government in their endeavour for educational development in the state.
- To organize seminars, workshops, discussions and conferences on topical issues related to Education.
- To conduct research studies focusing on education policy, funding, governance,
- To conduct assessment and evaluation studies on initiatives and programmes with respect to education development.
- To bring out research reports, policy briefs, and working papers along with research publications
- Higher Education in India: Growth, Prospects, Issues and Challenges
- Educational Development in Telangana: Status, Prospects, Issues and Challenges
- Expenditure on Education in India: Trends and Patterns
- Expenditure on Education in Telangana
- Remedial Teaching or Developmental Education at Tertiary Level in India
- Skill Development Initiatives and their Performance in Telangana
- Industry Base and Structure in Telangana: Demand and Supply of Skilled Labour
- Private Educational Institutions and Models of Cost Recovery: Donative or Philanthropic Public Service and For-Profit and Not-for-Profit
- WTO and Educational Services in India
- Birth Cohort Transitions from Primary to Higher Education: Evidence from Young Lives Longitudinal Data
- Organized a Discussion on National Education Policy on 4th August 2020 along with Telangana State Council for Higher Education.
- Organized Webinar on National Education Policy and its Implications to School education and Higher Education on 4th September 2020 with CESS faculty and research scholars.
- E Revathi, Professor and Director, CESS and Overall Coordinator
- Venkatanarayana Motkuri, Associate Professor and Coordinator
- G Alivelu, Associate Professor
- K Chandrasekhar, Associate Professor
- P Aparna, Assistant Professor
- C H Krishna Rao, Assistant Professor
- D Mohan Rao, Research Associate
- B Sampath Rao, Research Associate
CESS-RSEPPG Research Briefs (RB)
- RB#6 – Remedial Teaching Arrangements of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Telangana State: Preliminary Survey Findings
- RB#5 – Investment in Education and National Income in India: Time Series Analysis of Cointegration
- RB#4 – Private Expenditure on Education in India: National Level Analysis Exploring NSSO Survey (CES and SCE) Estimates
- RB#3 – CESS_RSEPPG_RB3 Expenditure on Higher Education in India: Contributions of Public (Centre and State Governments) and Private (Households)
- RB#2 – CESS_RSEPPG_RB2 Private and Public Expenditure on Education in India: Trend over last Seven Decades
- RB#1 – CESS_RSEPPG_RB1 Public expenditure on education in India: Contributions of Central and State Governments during the last three Decades
CESS-RSEPPG Background Papers Series (BPS)
- BPS#5 – Remedial and/or Developmental Teaching: A Review
- BPS#4 –Profiles of Skill Development Initiatives in Telangana State
- BPS#3 –Quality Education in Telangana State Complying with SDG-4: Issues, Challenges and Prospects
- BPS#2 – Investing in Child: Human Capability Formation – Nurturing the Childhood and its Transition to Adulthood
- BPS#1 – Educational Development in Telangana: Progress, Issues, Challenges and Policy Concerns