[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/6″][vc_single_image image=”12291″ img_size=”full” style=”vc_box_outline”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
Prof. Ch. Bala Ramulu
Development Studies, Decentralized Governance, Role of Civil Society in Governance, Rural Livelihood and Public Policy
M.A., (Osmania) Ph.D. (Kakatiya)
Bala Ramulu Chinnala is Visiting Professor at the Centre for Economic and Social Studies, Hyderabad, Telangana, India. He was Emeritus Fellow, University Grants Commission, New Delhi and National Fellow, Indian Council of Social Science Research, New Delhi. Earlier he was Professor of Public Administration at Kakatiya University (1975 to 2010) and served in various academic and administrative capacities. A recipient of several awards, he has also held a number of visiting fellowships. He has published six books and 60 research papers in journals.
His books include Marginalised Communities and Decentralised Institutions in India: an Exclusion and Inclusion Perspective, 2021; Governance of Food Security Policies in India (2016); Technology and Rural Development (2000); International Organizations and Rural Employment Programs in India: Emerging Trends (1999); Development Strategies in India: Emerging Trends (coedited, 1993); Public Policies: An Evaluation of Integrated Rural Development Programme (1991); and Administration on Anti-Poverty Programme (A Study of SFDA) (1984). His teaching and research interests are in the areas of development studies, decentralized governance, rural livelihood, and public policy analysis.
- Awarded Doctoral Degree by Kakatiya University, Warangal for the thesis submitted on “ORGANISATION AND WORKING OF A SMALL FARMERS DEVELOPMENT AGENCY” – A CASE STUDY, 1981.
- Marginalized Communities and Decentralized Institutions in India: Exclusion and Inclusion Perspective”, Rutledge, United Kingdom Published 2021
- Governance of Food Security Policies in India”, Kalpaz Publications, New Delhi, 2016.
- Technology and Rural Development”, Rawat Publications, Jaipur, 2000.
- International Organizations and Rural Employment Programs in India: Emerging Trends”, Om Publishers Faridabad, New Delhi, 1999.
- Development Strategies in India: Emerging Trends”, (Co-Editor) Khama Publishers, New Delhi, 1993.
- “Public Policies: An Evaluation of Integrated Rural Development Programme”, Ajantha Publications, New Delhi, 1991.
- Administration on Anti-Poverty Programme (A study of SFDA)”, Kakatiya School of Public Administration, Warangal, 1984
- Rural Development”, (Editor ) SDLCE, Kakatiya University, Warangal, 1996.
- Public Policies” (Editor ), Dr. BRAOU, Hyderabad.
- Indian Administration, ((Editor English version) Telugu Academy, 2010.
- Indian Administration”, ((Editor Telugu version) Telugu Academy, 2010.
- National Seminar on New Economic Policy and Administrative Reforms in India, Oct 5th & 6th 1994.
- National Seminar on Developmental Strategies in India: Retrospect and Prospect, March 9-10, 1991.
- Seminar on Socio – Economic and Political Changes in Andhra Pradesh, 14th Feb, 1990.
- National Seminar on the Study of Contemporary Indian Society: Emerging Trends (CoDirector), 23rd & 24th December, 1996.
- The Globalization and Public Administration”, organised by Department of Public Administration &HRM, KU, Warangal, March 30 2015.
- The Growth and Decline of Public Administration” at National Conference on Trends in the Discipline of Public Administration-Past, Present and Future, organised by NEPASI(New public Administration Society of India), at Kurukshetra University, during July, 11-12,2015.
- Social Implications of Labour Reforms”, organised by Department of Public Administration &HRM, KU, Warangal, July 29th 2015.
- Inclusion and Exclusion of Marginalized Communities at the Grassroots Level Democratic Institutions” sponsored by UGC, New Delhi (2015-2017).
- Governance of Food Security Policies in India: a Study in Andhra Pradesh”, sponsored by ICSSR, New Delhi.
- Participatory Mandal Level Planning,” Sponsored by NCRI, Hyderabad, organized by APARD, Hyderabad, 2010-11.
- “Urban Governance: Public- Private-Partnership in the Select Municipal Corporations in Andhra Pradesh”, sponsored by UGC, New Delhi, 2009.
- Decentralization Process in Andhra Pradesh: with Special reference to Education, sponsored by Centre for World Solidarity, Hyderabad, 2008.
- Evaluation of Efficacy of the APARD Training Programmes to the MGNREGP Functionaries in Andhra Pradesh,” Sponsored by APARD, Hyderabad, organized by,
- Major Research Project on “Technology, Organization Building and Rural Development”, sponsored by UGC, New Delhi, 2 July, 1994 – 2 May, 1998.
- Submitted a Report on “Evaluation of Integrated Rural Development Programme in Nalgonda District of Andhra Pradesh,” sponsored by Andhra Pradesh Government, Hyderabad, organized by Centre for Economic and Social Studies, Hyderabad, 1988.
- Submitted Minor Research Project on the” Impact of Food for work and National Rural
Employment on Rural Poor in Andhra Pradesh – A Study”, sponsored by UGC, New